Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Life's Been Sooooo Good To Us

I really just want to share today that I don't have ONE thing to complain about these days. Life has just been soooo good to us lately. I hear my friends tell me about serious car accidents, breast cancer and radiation treatments and cancer surgeries, or hear about struggles with super long work hours or issues at home. All in all, all of this is a bump in the road we call life, and we definitely never expect those. I pray for these people I care about and love, that they may soon overcome their challenges and setbacks. We each have crazy, day to day struggles and mountains to climb during periods of our life when things just are not going in the direction in which we thought they would be...which is half of the time I've learned. Agree? I can't count how many times I've popped out of bed in the morning with a full list of things to accomplish, hour by hour of each day, and then by the end of the day I usually only cross off maybe two really important things, or things I THOUGHT were important.



Things I USED to THINK were super important:





Folding Laundry


Doing Dishes


Cooking a Yummy and Extremely Exquisite Betty Crocker/Paula Dean/HOMEMADE Dinner for my Family


Cleaning the House


Going to the Store


Oh, Keeping the House Squeaky Clean with three boys in the house ( no,four)...including all three tolilets. (Well, I actually do have OCD about the toilets, and frequently have fits over the toilet seats in this house since I'm the only lady half the time).

Now, it's not that these aren't important. They are, but my day should not revolve around whether or not they get done or not.






Things I've LEARNED ARE IMPORTANT:





Read a book to your child when they ask you to, even if you are trying to fold laundry, STOP folding laundry and read the book.


Play outside with the kids in the cold, when they ask you to, go outside and PLAY.


Make a mess in the kitchen when making chocolate chip cookies, and let them make a big mess, learn and have fun!


Take time to ask them about their day, and give them a chance to answer, and HUG!



THEN



Tag team on the dishes


Tag team on the laundry.. so we spend time with each other after putting the kids first when they need to be put first!



Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Love,





XOXO





















No comments: